[Nut-upsdev] Tripplite_usb

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 00:52:02 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 3:13 PM, Wallis, Chase Civ USAF AFMC 519
SMXS/MXDEA <Chase.Wallis at hill.af.mil> wrote:
> I have a Tripplite SMART700DVa using the tripplite_usb from NUT 2.5 (rev
> 2217) driver running in Solaris 10x86. My driver hangs when trying to
> connect. Once the driver sends the watchdog command (“W\0”), it can no
> longer receive any signals and eventually exits. The UPS responds to other
> watchdog commands (“W5” for example), but there doesn’t seem to be a way to
> disable it once enabled. From my communication with Tripp Lite, it doesn’t
> seem that the SMARTPRO 3003 protocol officially supports Watchdog. I made
> some modification to tripplite_usb.c. This modified code checks which
> protocol the UPS is using and then resets the watchdog if it is not SMARTPRO
> protocol.

I have no problems with the patch - that watchdog code was added
before someone pointed me to another document which mentioned the "get
protocol" command.

Added as r2242 (I had to apply the patch manually, but it looks the same).

Thanks for pointing this out,

--
- Charles Lepple