[Nut-upsdev] blazer_usb: compatibility with Ippon BackPro UPSes (Phoenix Power Co., Ltd usb-to-serial controller)

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Wed Jan 13 13:16:12 UTC 2010

Citeren Alexey Loukianov <mooroon2 op mail.ru>:

> So, in case there's an EPIPE condition which can't be cleared using
> usb_clear_halt(), or there's "Timer expired" condition (errno -62 - don't
> remember what is the correct E-alias for it)

That's usually ETIME.

> - it might be worth try to do
> usb_reset on device as a last resort (and then to re-enumerate the bus and
> reopen the device).

This is a bit tricky. I'm not sure if we can still (or need to) call
usb_close() on the device handle after that. This might be very much
depending on the OS in use. On Linux you should not call usb_close()
in some cases, since that might cause a double free corruption and
should in other cases. So if we can avoid it, that would probably be a
safer option (although I added something to the trunk that tries
anyway).

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list