[Nut-upsdev] Tripplite_usb

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 23:51:18 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 9:21 AM, Wallis, Chase Civ USAF AFMC 519
SMXS/MXDEA <Chase.Wallis at hill.af.mil> wrote:
> Thanks for accepting the patch. In the future, how would you like the
> patches submitted so you don't have to do it by hand?

A text file attachment is probably best (unless it's bigger than a few
KB, in which case please use gzip).

Also, 'diff -u' or 'diff -c'-style patches highlight what is being
changed, and provide a bit of context in case we have edited something
in SVN near the change.

> I looked at the patch and one thing needs to be changed. The tl_model
> variable doesn't get set until line 1001, but we are using it in a
> conditional expression in line 979. The block of code from 979-990
> should be moved to around 1008.

Ah, good catch. I didn't see a warning for that, but I probably didn't
set the CFLAGS to show that.

> Sorry about the confusion.

No worries - better that than no feedback at all.

--
- Charles Lepple