[Nut-upsdev] NUT on Windows (was: ETIME on FreeBSD)

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 02:03:01 UTC 2010

On Jan 17, 2010, at 8:31 PM, Alexey Loukianov wrote:

> P.S. BTW, are there any ports of libusb and NUT to MS Windows? I've
> got an
> installation of Windows XP Home on my note, including MSYS and
> cygwin, so if
> there are such ports available it might be possibile to test it on
> Windows also.

I don't remember hearing about any attempts on the mailing list to
port the drivers, but feel free to search the archives.

There seem to be two Windows client projects, though that probably
won't help much:

http://www.networkupstools.org/client-projects/

You might check to see if WinNUT uses any of the NUT core code, or if
any of the build system could help port the rest of NUT.

The thing is, many of the devices that NUT supports are USB HID Class.
The easiest way to access HID Class devices in Windows is not to try
and talk HID protocol directly the way that we do with libusb, but to
use the Windows HID APIs.