[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r2260 - trunk/drivers

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 12:43:33 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 5:26 AM, Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org> wrote:
> Citeren Arjen de Korte <adkorte-guest at alioth.debian.org>:
>
>> Author: adkorte-guest
>> Date: Sat Jan 23 10:06:51 2010
>> New Revision: 2260
>>
>> Log:
>> Need to define _XOPEN_SOURCE for strptime() prototype in glibc2
>>
>> Modified:
>>     trunk/drivers/mge-hid.c
>
> Arnaud,
>
> Apparently this solves the problem for the strptime() function, but now
> breaks the snprintf() and strdup() functions. Could you checkout what needs
> to be done to make this work on Debian without errors? At least on the
> BuildBot this seems to be badly broken and I fear that this won't work at
> all if we don't change this.

Here is some additional information about that builder:

$ /lib/libc.so.6
GNU C Library stable release version 2.3.6, by Roland McGrath et al.

In /usr/include/stdio.h, the snprintf declaration is surrounded by:

#if defined __USE_BSD || defined __USE_ISOC99 || defined __USE_UNIX98
__BEGIN_NAMESPACE_C99

I don't see a similar error on the Ubuntu 8.04 builder, which is
running this version:

$ /lib/libc.so.6
GNU C Library stable release version 2.7, by Roland McGrath et al.

- Charles Lepple