[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r2260 - trunk/drivers

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 13:22:02 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 8:07 AM, Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org> wrote:
> Citeren Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>:
>
>> In /usr/include/stdio.h, the snprintf declaration is surrounded by:
>>
>> #if defined __USE_BSD || defined __USE_ISOC99 || defined __USE_UNIX98
>> __BEGIN_NAMESPACE_C99
>>
>> I don't see a similar error on the Ubuntu 8.04 builder, which is
>> running this version:
>
> It would be interesting to see what is surrounding the strptime declaration
> (which supposedly is in time.h) that is preventing it from being used when
> we don't define _XOPEN_SOURCE. I did Google for answers on this one, but I
> couldn't find any conclusive answer.
>
> The library seems to have this function (we see no linking errors, with
> _XOPEN_SOURCE defined or not), so this might need some autoconf magic to
> make this compile without warnings.

# ifdef __USE_XOPEN
/* Parse S according to FORMAT and store binary time information in TP.
   The return value is a pointer to the first unparsed character in S.  */
extern char *strptime (__const char *__restrict __s,
                       __const char *__restrict __fmt, struct tm *__tp)
     __THROW;
# endif

I won't have much time to chase this down today, but if there are any
other quick things I can check, let me know.

--
- Charles Lepple