[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] buildbot failure in Network UPS Tools on FreeBSD-i686

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 22:02:05 UTC 2010

On Jan 24, 2010, at 4:53 PM, Tim Rice wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Jan 2010, Arjen de Korte wrote:
>
>> We're close now, but I think we need to use
>>
>>   AC_DEFINE(_XOPEN_SOURCE, 500)
>>
>> at the top of configure.in instead. What happens now, is that we
>> explicitly
>
> I'd recommend looking at Python's configure.in (Python-2.3.5 or
> later) for
> some notes on all the systems that have trouble if you define
> _XOPEN_SOURCE

Tim,

Good idea to check Python. Looks like they are unconditionally setting
a bunch of other _*_SOURCE macros to bring back functions:

http://svn.python.org/view/python/branches/release26-maint/configure.in?revision=77195&view=markup

Further down, they are also setting _XOPEN_SOURCE to 500 for Solaris 8
through 10.

This looks fun...