[Nut-upsdev] ETIME on FreeBSD

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Mon Jan 25 06:40:09 UTC 2010

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010, Charles Lepple wrote:
> The FreeBSD Project has similar maintenance services, although I
> would   say that they are more proactive at upgrading the version of
> NUT in their ports tree. However, their maintenance method is to put
> patches in the ports tree without notifying the NUT project directly
> - so we have to discover them ourselves. Eagle-eyed readers will note
> that the FreeBSD buildbot slave does not have IPv6 enabled, whereas
> the ports tree does. Fortunately, it seems that there is only one
> ports tree to track (for FreeBSD, anyway) but it is still an extra
> burden on developers who are mostly using other POSIX-like systems.

Unfortunately the NUT port is currently unmaintained so it probably only
gets touched when it breaks :(

Also, if someone does upgrade it they are likely to be a bit more lax
about feeding patches back.

FWIW I've attached the current patches to the NUT port.

The USB one will probably have to stay until the libusb stuff gets
sorted out.. I made a stub port which supplies the necessary support
scripts for auto* to find it out of the box. Unfortunately it hasn't
been committed yet because it's going to need some extra work so the
correct version is chosen. ie the "real" version for FreeBSD <8 and the
stub for >= 8.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum