[Nut-upsdev] ETIME on FreeBSD

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Mon Jan 25 10:25:38 UTC 2010

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010, Arjen de Korte wrote:
> Citeren Daniel O'Connor <doconnor at gsoft.com.au>:
> > FWIW I've attached the current patches to the NUT port.
> >
> > The USB one will probably have to stay until the libusb stuff gets
> > sorted out.. I made a stub port which supplies the necessary
> > support scripts for auto* to find it out of the box. Unfortunately
> > it hasn't been committed yet because it's going to need some extra
> > work so the correct version is chosen. ie the "real" version for
> > FreeBSD <8 and the stub for >= 8.
>
> Could you also check the latest versions of the trunk? There have
> been changes to the autoconf macros recently and from what I can
> tell, at least the nut_check_libusb should be fixed now.

Yep it finds it..
configure:10288: checking for libusb version via pkg-config
configure:10320: result: not found
configure:10326: checking for libusb version via libusb-config
configure:10358: result: not found
configure:10372: checking for usb.h
configure:10393: gcc -c   conftest.c >&5
configure:10400: $? = 0
configure:10417: result: yes
configure:10435: checking for usb_init
configure:10491: gcc -o conftest   -lusb conftest.c  >&5
configure:10498: $? = 0
configure:10520: result: yes

It also works with my libusb stub port..
configure:10288: checking for libusb version via pkg-config
configure:10292: result: 0.1 found
configure:10296: checking for libusb cflags via pkg-config
configure:10300: result:
configure:10308: checking for libusb ldflags via pkg-config
configure:10312: result: -lusb

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum