[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] buildbot failure in Network UPS Tools on FreeBSD-i686

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Mon Jan 25 10:30:19 UTC 2010

Citeren Charles Lepple <clepple op gmail.com>:

> Ugh. The AC_DEFINE is probably the right thing to do, but that
> certainly means a lot more code gets affected by that.

Yeah, I tried that. Not only on the BuildBots, but also locally (after
remembering to run 'make clean' before testing it). Setting
_XOPEN_SOURCE to either '500' and '600' breaks on my system already
(which is usually quite lenient). It seems that we're using some XSI
extensions that are no longer available then.

[...]

> I'm not sure how many systems will be affected, but let's step back
> for a minute.

I agree.

> Could we just check for strptime() using one of the AC_* macros, and
> not use the date conversion functions if there are issues? I would
> hate to hear back from a user who couldn't build a serial driver for
> an older system just because a newer USB driver needed a new function.

I just committed a change that will check for the presence of
strptime() before using it. In the end this is probably much more
reliable.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list