[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] buildbot failure in Network UPS Tools on FreeBSD-i686

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 13:52:43 UTC 2010

Arjen,

sorry for not replying earlier, I took a week end off and the weeks
are ... diverted on other (uninteresting) subjects.

2010/1/25 Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org>:
> Citeren Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>:
>
>> Ugh. The AC_DEFINE is probably the right thing to do, but that certainly
>> means a lot more code gets affected by that.
>
> Yeah, I tried that. Not only on the BuildBots, but also locally (after
> remembering to run 'make clean' before testing it). Setting _XOPEN_SOURCE to
> either '500' and '600' breaks on my system already (which is usually quite
> lenient). It seems that we're using some XSI extensions that are no longer
> available then.
>
> [...]
>
>> I'm not sure how many systems will be affected, but let's step back for a
>> minute.
>
> I agree.
>
>> Could we just check for strptime() using one of the AC_* macros, and not
>> use the date conversion functions if there are issues? I would hate to hear
>> back from a user who couldn't build a serial driver for an older system just
>> because a newer USB driver needed a new function.

indeed! I completely overlooked the conformity of this function.

> I just committed a change that will check for the presence of strptime()
> before using it. In the end this is probably much more reliable.

I'll have a look at it and get back with a suitable solution.
the current situation is that, if we don't define  _XOPEN_SOURCE (as
it is currently with AC_CHECK_DECLS()), then strptime won't be
available...

so this test currently fails on my various Debian systems...

cheers
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops