[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] buildbot failure in Network UPS Tools on FreeBSD-i686

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 12:25:03 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 5:27 AM, Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org> wrote:
> Citeren Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com>:
>
>> great. Until now, I was mixed between the Python configure.ac code,
>> that is somehow doing the above manually, and simply disabling
>> strptime if we were not sure to have it (an m4 macro would have been
>> needed), and possibly reimplementing strptime, which was not an option
>> for 1 small feature in 1 sub driver.
>
> So far, all BuildBots (four out of five) that have run this seem to accept
> it without warnings. Hopefully, the fifth will also run fine now. Checking
> if this function is available is mandatory anyway, since
> AC_USE_SYSTEM_EXTENSIONS will only expose built-in functions that are hidden
> (due to potential namespace conflicts). It will not guarantee that
> strptime() (or any other Posix extension for that matter) is available.

Looks like a library dependency (for something else) reinstalled the
HAL headers sometime between builds 0 and 1 on the OS X buildslave,
causing it to fail. I removed the headers to get things back to the
way they were for build 0 (r2274).

This is the build to check:
http://buildbot.ghz.cc/public/nut/builders/MacOSX-10.5/builds/4

Later today I will probably try and fix that HAL path issue (should be
as simple as checking for another directory). There are a few other
issues with that builder, though, so if it fails unexpectedly, it
probably isn't NUT's fault.

--
- Charles Lepple