[Nut-upsdev] [Nut-upsuser] Nut with megatec_usb

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Tue Jan 26 19:42:36 UTC 2010

Citeren Gabriel Hahmann <gabriel.hahmann at gmail.com>:

> I've sniffed the usb with usbsnoop and attached in this message, where
> is the best place to post this to get any help, users or development?

For a trimmed down version, the nut-upsdev mailinglist would be
appropriate (note there is a 40kb limit on attachments). But I think
posting a link where it can be downloaded would be better (to prevent
flooding the mailinglist with lots of data that most people wouldn't
use anyway).

In all honesty, I don't think this would bring you any further though.
The attached log doesn't really show much protocol information (if
any). It looks like some kind of contact closure interface, for which
the genericups driver would be the right driver. But given the total
lack of model detection with such an interface, choosing which type is
likely going to be difficult (if possible at all).

If you really want this UPS to be supported, you'd need to have the
protocol specifications that is used. Otherwise, there is little hope
for this device to be supported and you'd better look for a supported
one.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list