[Nut-upsdev] smart1050slt by tripp lite

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 22:33:22 UTC 2010

On Jan 31, 2010, at 5:22 PM, chance fulton wrote:

> Attached the log below, of the aforementioned command. I also have no
> luck wuth the upsc, as I get connection refused (probably user
> issues) I
> do have all the users in upsd.users setup correctly as far as I can
> tell. I suppose that is not a problem until I get the driver talking
> the device itself.

Sorry for the confusion - it's been a while since I last walked
someone through this procedure.

"connection refused" is a socket-level error, most likely caused by
upsd not listening on the correct port, or exiting due to a
configuration error. There should be a message in syslog.

I'm looking over the 5-D logs now.

Another thing to try:

Set up the UPS so that it is easy to cut the line power (best to do
this with it still grounded - switching off a power strip versus
pulling the plug), and start the driver.

After a few seconds, cut power and watch for a change in the
"send_cmd: received 53" messages. That's the output from the 'S'
request, which is status.

Later, we can change the code and try to just work from the output of
upsc, which is much more concise.

Is this UPS running on 220V mains?