[Nut-upsdev] smart1050slt by tripp lite

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 23:58:11 UTC 2010

On Jan 31, 2010, at 5:22 PM, chance fulton wrote:

> Is this easier to do over a serial cable, or is USB just as good?

These devices look a lot like a USB-to-serial converter, but our
serial Tripp Lite drivers are much older, and not much easier to get
working.

I have another tarball coming up:

http://buildbot.ghz.cc/public/nut/waterfall?branch=branches%2Ftripplite-proto-3004&builder=Debian-etch-x86&reload=none

This one has a few more debug messages. I'm seeing some
inconsistencies in the output.

Odd that it reported 0x02 for the voltage type - '2' is the code for
220V in the other versions of the protocol. Or maybe we're looking at
the wrong place for the line voltage.

Look for r2300 - the previous one had a typo (r2299).

If you have some time to let it run for a bit, that would be good.
Also, if there's another load you can plug in, let me know how many
seconds in you changed the load.

Also, the status messages don't clearly indicate when the power was
cut. I wonder if the power has to be out for longer before it
registers an outage on the UPS.

- Charles