No subject

Fri Jan 15 15:06:42 UTC 2010

Tokarev replyed when Alexey Sidorov wrote the "enhanced" features of
the powercom driver, and supposing is the same Michael Tokarev of the
upsd, why didn't he completed the powercom driver?

I see that from time to time, someone asks on the list to improve or
add features to the driver (a few years ago "Dan Mahoney, System
Admin" offered a network for development), but looks like there is not
movement. Now that powercom is offering help, can't be the driver
completed?

Also, the source of the powercom and powercom HID should share some
code regarding battery, times and loads calculations, am I right?

Finally, looking at the powercom driver source, it as toooooooo
muuuuuuuch black magic for my taste. IMHO it should go a mayor
rewrite.

After all this crap, my final question is this:

As I do not want to offend anyone... Is anyone working on all this? If
nobody is working on it, can I rewrite the powercom driver to adapt it
to the information that is available right now (and hope to get the
missing info from powercom)? Is "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" still on
the list and still having problems to solve? Is Michael Tokarev still
on the list and willing to share where did he find all the info he has
about the powercom protocol and models? Are Alexey Sidorov, Simon
Rozman or Peter Bieringer still on the list and would them be offended
if I rewrite the driver? Anyone has anything to say?

Thanks for your time, I wait for your reply!
Pedro