[Nut-upsdev] Patch: upssched puts UPS name in the command line

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Tue Jun 22 14:39:04 UTC 2010

Citeren "Kiss Gabor (Bitman)" <kissg op ssg.ki.iif.hu>:

> AT ONBATT /fortress_[0-9]/ START-TIMER  "SENDPAGER %u" 120
> AT ONLINE /fortress_[0-9]/ CANCEL-TIMER "SENDPAGER %u"
>
> (Regular expression "names" will be my next suggestion/invention. :)

If using regular expressions is important for you, write a (trivial)
script that generates the upssched.conf file for you. It might for
instance take the upsmon.conf file as input, parse the MONITOR lines
and build an appropriate upssched.conf file from there. This would be
much more light weight than doing this at runtime.

Adding regular expressions in upssched is a huge waste of effort. We
have better things to work on too.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list