[Nut-upsdev] Patch: upssched puts UPS name in the command line

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Tue Jun 22 15:14:39 UTC 2010

Citeren "Kiss Gabor (Bitman)" <kissg op ssg.ki.iif.hu>:

>> If using regular expressions is important for you, write a (trivial) script
>> that generates the upssched.conf file for you. It might for
>> instance take the
> Yes, this is also a possible solution. However does not give the same result.

In what way? If you generate this script when you (re)start 'upsmon'
it will not behave any differently as parsing the regular expressions
at runtime. Since in most (if not all) installations 'upsmon' will be
started from a startup script, I don't see any reason why not to do
this.

>> Adding regular expressions in upssched is a huge waste of effort. We have
>> better things to work on too.
> Do you mean I do not belong to "us"? :)

No, I mean you also have better things to do... :-)

The 'upssched' program is such a niche application that I prefer
scripting this over coding it in C. We also need to consider the fact
that people might mess up their regular expressions too. Parsing them
beforehand and putting the result in 'upssched.conf' will allow them
(and us) to see where they went wrong, instead of finding this out
when a timer failed to start when it really should...

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list