[Nut-upsdev] megatec_usb.c modification for UPSONIC PROFFICE 650 USB

Arnaud Quette arnaud.quette at free.fr
Wed Jun 30 20:57:18 UTC 2010

Hi Heinz,

2010/5/30 heinz

> Thank you for your nut-2.4.3 system. I had big troubles getting it to work
> with the UPSONIC PROFFICE 650 UPS in USB mode.
>
> I had to rewrite the get_data_phoenix() function in drivers/megatec_usb.c
> file.
> It now appears to be working correctly. I have attached the source of the
> modified function in case you might want to add it to a future version.

first, thanks for your report. Though it's always better to report to the
NUT list ;-)
code changes are also better using patch (ie diff against the original
code).
so I've generated one, attached.

that being said, you should give a try to blazer_usb, the successor of the
megatec_usb driver.
we will be interested in a debug output (ie /path/to/blazer_usb -DDDDD -a
<upsname>
along with the output of "lsusb -v" excerpt of your device.

now, since I don't know much about these drivers, I'll let Arjen comment on
the patch itself.

cheers,
Arnaud
--