[Nut-upsdev] using upscode2 driver with Powerware 5119 RM

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Wed Mar 3 20:53:46 UTC 2010

Citeren Steve Golson <sgolson op trilobyte.com>:

> I'm using NUT 2.4.1 and upscode2 driver version 0.87 (however the
> latest r2350 version of upscode2.c isn't significantly different, so
> I think all my results still apply).

That is no longer the latest version, I just committed r2389 and r2390
based on the information you provided.

[...]

> However the driver ignores my setting, and forces UPSD to have a
> value of "1" just before issuing the UPPC shutdown command. Removing
> this UPSD allows the custom value to be used correctly.

I attempted to fix this, by setting "ups.delay.shutdown=10" and
"ups.delay.reboot=120" when the driver starts monitoring the UPS (in
order to have some sensible defaults). If you restart the driver with
the -k flag (in order to send the shutdown command), this part of the
code will be skipped and the driver will proceed to send the
"shutdown.return" instcmd (twice actually, with a one second delay in
between) with any "ups.delay.shutdown" that may have been set in the
mean time. I agree that it isn't pretty to allow people to set a
shutdown delay and then when the time comes to shutdown, completely
ignore whatever they requested.

> Also I changed the shutdown messages so the ups.delay.* values are reported.

I fail to see the benefit of that. The filesystems should have been
(re)mounted read-only and we probably don't have network connectivity
anymore at that time, so unless someone is watching the console at
that time, the messages will be lost forever. The reason why we have
them here, is for debugging purposes.

Having said that, thanks for your feedback. It's been quite a while
since we've seen someone running this driver and it is good to know
that it still serves a purpose to maintain it. If you have the time to
checkout the latest version from the trunk, I would be grateful.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list