[Nut-upsdev] [Nut-upsuser] Getting 'Data stale' error with bcmxcp_usb for a PowerWare 5115 on OSX

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 02:10:27 UTC 2010

On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 9:00 PM, Charlie Garrison <garrison at zeta.org.au> wrote:
> Good afternoon,
>
> On 6/03/10 at 8:20 PM -0500, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Since running the driver in debug mode effectively works around the problem,
>>> we probably need to add some upslogx() lines strategically tp see in the
>>> syslog what is going on.
>>
>>We might also be able to get some information from one of the dtrace
>>commands - "dtruss" is meant to be a dtrace implementation of truss,
>>which looks an awful lot like strace.
>
> I'm happy to do that, but I have no idea what I'm looking for. Some pointers would be appreciated.

Charlie,

I'm still learning my way around dtrace myself.

Unfortunately, the output of 'sudo dtruss ls' (which should be fairly
straightforward) seems to be jumbled - it looks like some of the
tracing got scheduled on two different CPUs, and some of the directory
lines are displayed after others.

If you want, you can check and see what happens on your system. If I
recall correctly from the config log, you also have multiple cores or
CPUs.

I am playing around with a few things here, and I will let you know
what I find out.

--
- Charles Lepple