[Nut-upsdev] Getting 'Data stale' error with bcmxcp_usb for a PowerWare 5115 on OSX

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 14:57:26 UTC 2010

On Mar 13, 2010, at 8:03 AM, Charlie Garrison wrote:

> So I asked google about that error and during my reading, I got a
> clue about libusb versions. I'm using the mac ports system and it
> was (or I was) confused about which version of libusb was being
> used. It was on old version (0.1.12, even though 1.0.6 was
> installed). Anyway, after removing the 0.1.12 version I'm now
> getting `configure` errors with libusb-1.0.6. In particular:

Now that libusb-1.0 is becoming more mainstream, we should probably
update our documentation.

As you found out, there are two incompatible APIs: 0.1 and 1.0.

 From what I can tell, libusb-1.0 does not offer much beyond what we
already get from libusb-0.1.12. So, for the foreseeable future, we
will probably stick to the libusb-0.1 API.

The simple solution for now is to use 0.1.12. I think I remember
hearing that both can be installed at once, but NUT is currently
looking for 0.1.x.

Hopefully I will have some time later today to take a more in-depth
look at your original problem. On the other hand, if the driver is
working in debug mode, our efforts might be better spent on creating a
solid example launchd script for running the driver.

--
Charles Lepple