[Nut-upsdev] Getting 'Data stale' error with bcmxcp_usb for a PowerWare 5115 on OSX

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Sun Mar 14 20:32:40 UTC 2010

Citeren Charlie Garrison <garrison op zeta.org.au>:

> And I answered my own question (leaving it here in case it helps
> someone else later). I re/plugged the UPS USB cable and the driver
> died. When/if I get the 'data stale' error again I'll send anything
> from the debug log that looks relevant.

I think this is what needs to be solved. If the driver would just
reconnect to the UPS whenever the connection is lost (either by
fork'ing to the background or because the USB plug was replugged),
you'd probably not have noticed anything in the first place. Any USB
driver that not automatically reconnects is to be considered broken
(temporary loss of connection is all too common with USB).

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list