[Nut-upsdev] Patch blazer_usb.c from Brian R. Smith REALLY WORKS (UPSilon 2000 replacement)

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Fri Nov 5 09:41:11 UTC 2010

Citeren trantore <quesoyjamon op aol.com>:

> With my system I don't have any problem. Please, ask for patch acceptance. I
> belive that is better to fix any bug after several users begin to use NUT.

It might be included in future versions, but definitely not before we
have evaluated if this doesn't break existing systems. The problem is
that we have already an installed base with users that up to now never
needed this patch. We don't provide them a service by rushing in this
patch which apparently fixes your problems and instead create a new
one for them.

Probably the quickest route to inclusion would be to modify the patch
with a configuration flag that enables this workaround, but when not
given defaults to the existing behaviors. I'd be happy to include
that, but don't have the time currently to code this myself.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)