[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r2708 - in branches/ssl-nss-port: clients m4 server

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Sun Nov 28 18:25:16 UTC 2010

Citeren Arjen de Korte <adkorte-guest op alioth.debian.org>:

> Log:
> Use the 'nss_compat_ossl' compatibility layer to use the Mozilla NSS
> library instead of OpenSSL (we might want to include native support
> in the future, but this will at least allow a quick migration for
> testing purposes)

I don't recall that we ever discussed the possibility of adding NSS
support by using the 'nss_compat_ossl' OpenSSL compatibility layer.
Just to be sure, I added this to see if this is a workable solution.
On my (openSUSE) system this seems to build without problems.

Having said that, I'm not sure how future proof this will be. It could
be that in the end we want to use the native NSS functions instead. I
didn't spend any time on this (and have no desire to do so either) so
I have no idea how much work that would be (but maybe our new team
member Emilien can work this out).

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)