[Nut-upsdev] Getting started generating new MIB-to-NUT mapping for unsupported interface

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 08:33:51 UTC 2011

2011/2/11 Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org>

> Citeren Philip Tait <philip at naoj.org>:
>

>  Would appreciate guidance on getting started generating a MIB-to-NUT
>> mapping (tools, etc):
>>
>> OS: CentOS 5.5
>>
>> NUT version 2.6.0
>>

> Assuming that you're able to successfully build NUT from sources, you're
> all set. Unlike USB HID PDC subdrivers, we have no automated tools available
> to generate a OID to NUT mapping.

note that something is planned to create a sub driver generator, based on
the USB/HID equivalent.
The general schedule of (the many) Eaton handled tasks is still under
discussion (which explains why I'm currently not much available!), so I
won't commit on an availability date.
More generally, there are work planned on SNMP...

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com