[Nut-upsdev] Changes to upscli_connect

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 11:01:26 UTC 2011

On Jun 28, 2011, at 4:51 AM, Frédéric Bohé wrote:

> I propose to add a upscli_tryconnect function accepting a timeout
> parameter, which will be the copy of the current upscli_connect + the
> management of the timeout. The upscli_connect will be only a wrapper
> on
> top of upscli_tryconnect, calling it without timeout.
> Please let me know if this makes sense to you.

SOCK_NONBLOCK is non-portable - you can use fcntl to set O_NONBLOCK on
the socket after creating it, but before connecting.

You will also want to increment the libupsclient version number at the
end of clients/Makefile.am due to the additional function:

http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/manual/libtool.html#Updating-version-info

Other than that, it sounds good to me.