[Nut-upsdev] NUT: new blazer_usb subdriver proposal

trantore quesoyjamon at aol.fr
Tue May 17 07:44:28 UTC 2011

(http://www.ldlc.com/fiche/PB00109242.html).
> They're not supported natively by NUT (even though the monitoring
> software is UPSilon from megatec).
> After some investigation, they almost use the krauler-type
> communication already supported in the blazer_usb driver. However, the
> UPS won't reply if the language ID is not 0x4095...
> Therefore, I cloned the krauler_command, adding the language ID and
> unicode to ASCII conversion (taken from libusb). I also enhanced the
> error!retry mechanism, as the UPS fails to reply quite often.
>
> Please see the attached patch file.
>
> Any comment would me more than welcome.
>
> Rgds,
> Aurélien

Hi Aurélien!

I'll try your patch... I'm very interested in a UPSilon replacement!

Please, see my posts at:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.monitoring.nut.devel/5012

I suggest two changes:

1) Rename the dialet from "ldlc" to "upsilon", as SEVERAL no-name UPS uses this
(horrible) software.

2) Add the USB ID "0001:0000" (vendorid=0001 productid=0000) to map directly
"upsilon" in "blazer_usb"

Finally, can someone accept the patch and can add it to the main branch?

Au revoir!