[Nut-upsdev] MGE MIB related bug

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 13:49:51 UTC 2011

Hi

2011/11/11 Kiss Gabor (Bitman) <kissg at ssg.ki.iif.hu>

> Dear folks,
>
> According to mge-mib.c (NUT 2.6.2) LB condition
> is gained from variable .1.3.6.1.4.1.705.1.5.14.0 (i.e.
> upsmgBatteryLowBattery.0).
>
> The test device of me does not set this variable to yes(1)
> even if runtime drops below the preconfigured limit.
> I complained about this at Schneider Electric.
> They replied that low battery status is indicated by
> .1.3.6.1.4.1.705.1.5.14.0 (upsmgBatteryLowCondition.0).

copy/paste error: you probably meant 1.3.6.1.4.1.705.1.5.16.0

> My measurements confirm this statement.
> At least in case of NMC 66074, firmware version "GF".
>
> Note: variable descriptions in MGE MIB file are quite poor.
> I can imagine that some programmers of SE/APC are
> also confused by them and some devices use
> upsmgBatteryLowBattery while others use upsmgBatteryLowCondition
> to signal LB status.

Also consider the historical side, back a few years ago, with part of MGE
being sold to (or going with ; like myself) Eaton, while the other was
merged with APC...

That said, I've added and committed the above OID with the standard lowbatt
mapping (1 = LB, 2 = <not LB>)
Can you please test the trunk, r3318?

Note that I've not yet had time to consider your other (XML/HTTP) mail, but
it indeed seems like a bug...

cheers,
Arnaud
--