[Nut-upsdev] Fix broken systemd integration in the build system

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 20:52:52 UTC 2012

Hi Michal,

I'm finally back on systemd integration with NUT.
I've cc'ed Stanislav, since I've heard Suse is moving to systemd too.

I've been investigation on your systemd integration in the tree, found a
strange integration and understood why.
I've fixed this with 2 commits:
- r3528: only generate .in from configure, thus removing this annoying
autoreconf msg
- r3529: which you will want to revert for now, since it removes the
hardcoded paths... see below.

so all this lead my again to an incomplete effort on my side: the NUT
Packaging Standard.
here, upsd and upsmon are installed in /usr/bin, while upsdrvctl and
drivers are in /sbin.
thus you can't use configure pattern substitution (@SBINDIR@) to remove
hard coded paths in template files.

so for now, once 2.6.4 is out, just revert r3529.
I'll then relaunch this NPS effort, for 2.8 series, and we'll have rooms to
discuss all these packaging things.

on a separate topic, we will also (Stan, you and I) have to discuss systemd
and halt hook.
You (Michal) may want to revive the thread you told me, including -upsdev
list this time.
I'll moderate cross msg on the nut side...

cheers,
Arnaud