[Nut-upsdev] reposurgeon and svn:ignore on a newly added directory

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 11:33:51 UTC 2012

2012/4/15 Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>

> On Apr 12, 2012, at 11:18 PM, Charles Lepple wrote:
>
> > There's some logic in the SD_ADD case that I don't completely grok at
> this late hour, so I haven't attempted a patch yet. If you would like me to
> take a stab at it, let me know how what would be least intrusive. I'm
> thinking that the property stuff moves up to where SD_ADD is, in a check
> for SD_ADD || SD_CHANGE, then move the svn_nobranch logic into an 'if'
> statement one level down from that.
>
> I started to look into this, and noticed the 'compare' rule in the
> Makefile in nut-conversion. I just pushed a commit to the cfl-mods branch
> to compare .gitignore with what git-svn creates, and I ran across another
> corner case where it looks like .gitignore files are not being deleted
> after a directory is deleted.
>
> I'm not entirely sure what's going on with
> scripts/python/module/PyNUTClient.py

this one was renamed to the more generic 'PyNUT.py' (r1716), but during the
parent directory rename.
see below for details, since it's the same issue.

or scripts/udev/nut-usbups.hotplug.in in the attached diff, though.

was some preliminary udev support, through hotplug legacy compat, removed
in r694:
http://trac.networkupstools.org/projects/nut/changeset/694

the conversion rule was fooled because of parent directory renaming+file
removal in the same commit.
For ex in r694: "trunk/scripts/udev/" (parent dir) being "copied from r693"
to "trunk/scripts/hotplug-ng/"
and at the same time removing "trunk/scripts/udev/nut-usbups.hotplug.in"

note that the commit list log gives a better visibility than Trac changeset

> https://gitorious.org/~clepple/reposurgeon/clepple-nut-conversion/commits/cfl-mods(mostly debugging changes to the configuration, but some new items in
> nut.box)

nice, still on the road to git ;-)
how far, according to you, from the migration target?

cheers,
Arno