[Nut-upsdev] Riello UPs implementation for NUT software

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 12:36:55 UTC 2012

2012/4/24 Massimo Zampieri <M.Zampieri at riello-ups.com>

>   Dear Sirs,

Hello,

as a first note, please subscribe to the mailing list prior to answering to
the present mail:

****

> I’m Massimo Zampieri responsible for the software and connectivity
> accessories for Riello UPS.****
>
> I would like to list our UPS to NUT.****
>
> For this porpoise we will provide to you all the information requested as
> serial protocols, end even some ups in case.****
>
> We have 2 way to communicate with our ups via RS232 and USB (with our
> driver, but the source code will be provided in case) and via TCP/IP over
> SNMP protocol with RFC1628.****
>
> ** **
>
> Thank you in advance and I hope to receive an answer soon.****

this is always welcome!

Please, check the following:
- HW compatibility list (http://www.networkupstools.org/stable-hcl.html):
which models do you want to see listed?
- Protocols library (http://www.networkupstools.org/ups-protocols.html):
which protocols are you willing to publish here, in case these are not
already available?

In case your devices use a known protocol, such as USB/HID or Q1 (from
Phoenixtec), the support will be straightforward.
Otherwise, this may require the creation of a new driver.
For SNMP, we already support RFC 1628, so your devices should already be
supported.

Last question: are you willing to dedicate a developer and some validation
resources?
We can assist you, but I doubt I'll have a resource, on my side, to staff
on this point...

Regards,
Arnaud Quette
--