[Nut-upsdev] [HCL] CyberPower Systems PR6000LCDRTXL5U supported by usbhid-ups

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 12:52:44 UTC 2012

Hi Dax,

2012/4/27 Dax Kelson <dkelson at gurulabs.com>

> CyberPower Systems PR6000LCDRTXL5U
>
> http://www.cyberpowersystems.com/products/ups-systems/smart-app-ups/pp-series/PR6000LCDRTXL5U.html
>
> I had to create the following udev rule (on RHEL6):
> ATTR{idVendor}=="0764", ATTR{idProduct}=="0601", MODE="664",
> GROUP="dialout"

these IDs have been added back in Aug. 2009.
so you should not have to had it manually, apart if you have a mixed
install or if there is a bug in the package (Ie, outdated udev rules).

I've added Michal (our official RH packager) so that you can make direct
feedback...

Shutdown testing successful. UPS comes back online after turning off.

> [...]
> battery.type: PbAcid
> battery.voltage: 53.8
> battery.voltage.nominal: 48
> device.mfr: CyberPower Systems
> device.model: PR6000LCDRTXL5U
> device.type: ups
> driver.name: usbhid-ups
> driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
> driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
> driver.parameter.port: auto
> driver.version: 2.6.3
> driver.version.data: CyberPower HID 0.3
> driver.version.internal: 0.35
> input.transfer.high: 254
> input.transfer.low: 147
> input.voltage: 240.0
> input.voltage.nominal: 112
> output.voltage: 207.0
> ups.beeper.status: enabled
> ups.delay.shutdown: 20
> ups.delay.start: 30
> ups.load: 46
> ups.mfr: CyberPower Systems
> ups.model: PR6000LCDRTXL5U
> ups.productid: 0601
> ups.realpower.nominal: 4500
> ups.status: OL
> ups.timer.shutdown: 0
> ups.timer.start: 0
> ups.vendorid: 0764
>
> # upsrw
> [battery.charge.low]
> Remaining battery level when UPS switches to LB (percent)
> Type: STRING
> Value: 35
>
> [battery.runtime.low]
> Remaining battery runtime when UPS switches to LB (seconds)
> Type: STRING
> Value: 0
>
> [input.transfer.high]
> High voltage transfer point (V)
> Type: STRING
> Value: 254
>
> [input.transfer.low]
> Low voltage transfer point (V)
> Type: STRING
> Value: 147
>
> [ups.delay.shutdown]
> Interval to wait after shutdown with delay command (seconds)
> Type: STRING
> Value: 20
>
> [ups.delay.start]
> Interval to wait before (re)starting the load (seconds)
> Type: STRING
> Value: 30
>
> # upscmd -l
> Instant commands supported on UPS [cyberpower]:
>
> beeper.disable - Disable the UPS beeper
> beeper.enable - Enable the UPS beeper
> beeper.mute - Temporarily mute the UPS beeper
> beeper.off - Obsolete (use beeper.disable or beeper.mute)
> beeper.on - Obsolete (use beeper.enable)
> load.off - Turn off the load immediately
> load.off.delay - Turn off the load with a delay (seconds)
> load.on - Turn on the load immediately
> load.on.delay - Turn on the load with a delay (seconds)
> shutdown.return - Turn off the load and return when power is back
> shutdown.stayoff - Turn off the load and remain off
> shutdown.stop - Stop a shutdown in progress
> test.battery.start.deep - Start a deep battery test
> test.battery.start.quick - Start a quick battery test
> test.battery.stop - Stop the battery test

thanks for your perfect report.
I've just committed these information to the trunk (r3547), so it will be
available in 2.6.4.

cheers,
Arnaud
--