[Nut-upsdev] [HCL] CyberPower Systems PR6000LCDRTXL5U supported by usbhid-ups

Michal Hlavinka mhlavink at redhat.com
Fri Apr 27 13:37:50 UTC 2012

On 04/27/2012 02:52 PM, Arnaud Quette wrote:
> Hi Dax,
>
> 2012/4/27 Dax Kelson <dkelson at gurulabs.com <mailto:dkelson at gurulabs.com>>
>
>     CyberPower Systems PR6000LCDRTXL5U
>     http://www.cyberpowersystems.com/products/ups-systems/smart-app-ups/pp-series/PR6000LCDRTXL5U.html
>
>     I had to create the following udev rule (on RHEL6):
>     ATTR{idVendor}=="0764", ATTR{idProduct}=="0601", MODE="664",
>     GROUP="dialout"
>

> these IDs have been added back in Aug. 2009.
> so you should not have to had it manually, apart if you have a mixed
> install or if there is a bug in the package (Ie, outdated udev rules).
>
> I've added Michal (our official RH packager) so that you can make direct
> feedback...

We have hut 2.6.3 in EPEL-6 and it contains this line.
What nut version do you have installed? Do you have it from official
epel repository? Do you have /lib/udev/rules.d/62-nut-usbups.rules file
in your system? Does it contain the above line?

Without the extra file with udev rule, you'd created, what were file
permissions of ups device file?

IIRC, we had some issues with openbox, because it has its own udev rules
(with "higher priority") and it was "stealing" some devices.

Michal