[Nut-upsdev] [HCL] CyberPower Systems PR6000LCDRTXL5U supported by usbhid-ups

Dax Kelson dkelson at gurulabs.com
Fri Apr 27 16:40:29 UTC 2012

> We have hut 2.6.3 in EPEL-6 and it contains this line.
> What nut version do you have installed? Do you have it from official epel
> repository? Do you have /lib/udev/rules.d/62-nut-usbups.rules file in your
> system? Does it contain the above line?

False alarm. I'm using 2.6.3 from EPEL and it does indeed have that line.

I /think/ that the issue results from this sequence of events

1. Install nut RPM (which installs udev rules file, but doesn't run
udevadm control --reload-rules)
2. Plug in UPS
3. Notice the the permissions were wrong on /dev file
4. Manually created /etc/udev/rules.d file
5. Manually ran udevadm control --reoload-rules

What I should have done was:

1. Install nut RPM
2. udevadm control --reload-rules
3. Plug in UPS

Is it advisable for the nut %postinstall scriplet to run the udevadm
control command?

Dax Kelson