[Nut-upsdev] bestfortress driver establishes/loses/establishes communication and so on...

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 13:42:11 UTC 2012

Hi Oliver,

2012/2/2 Oliver Kluge <ok23 at kluge-digital.de>:
> Hi,
>

> Charles Lepple wrote:
>>
>> On Jan 31, 2012, at 8:16 PM, Oliver Kluge wrote:
>>
>>> When I put pollintervall=10 into the section [fortress] in ups.conf, I
>>> get the error that pollintervall is no recognized parameter
>>

>> Typo? Should be "pollinterval" (one "l" in "interval"), in your [fortress]
>> section.
>

> Thanks,
>
> that does the trick. In German interval is spelled with two 'l'.
>
> But correcting the typo does not correct the communication protocol. Now the
> driver runs with an interval of 10 and says so in the debug output.
>
> But still there is a 2 seconds delay between each of the six communication
> events, and still the sixth always fails, setting data stale...

I'm still puzzled with this issue.
The bad point is that I don't have access to this kind of units.

Thus, I really need you to test the latest Subversion version, and
send me the debug trace, so that I can get visibility on valid frames.

What would be even more appreciated is a snif of the Checkups II
communication on Windows.

I'm trying to find, inside of Eaton, more information since I'm
currently lacking too much knowledge on this protocol.

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com