[Nut-upsdev] bestfortress driver establishes/loses/establishes communication and so on...

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 22:22:29 UTC 2012

2012/2/2 Oliver Kluge <ok23 at kluge-digital.de>:
> Hi Arnaud,

Hi Oliver,

> Arnaud Quette wrote:
>>
>> Thus, I really need you to test the latest Subversion version, and
>> send me the debug trace, so that I can get visibility on valid frames.
>

> ...if you tell me how to update the local source code repository to this
> specific version. I'm no expert in Subversion, the last version control
> system I used was sccs "the source code motel" and that was more than a
> decade ago :-)

sure. from within the previously checked out nut directory, call:
$ svn up

and then, go through the compilation process as usual...

>> What would be even more appreciated is a snif of the Checkups II
>> communication on Windows.
>

> What kind of tool would enable this?

I hope somebody else with jump in and answer your question.
serialmon (http://www.serialmon.com/) seems to be a good candidate.
but I'm not sure if it allows to dump the snif.
so if you're not in hurry, you may prefer the below solution...

>> I'm trying to find, inside of Eaton, more information since I'm
>> currently lacking too much knowledge on this protocol.
>

> Well, since Eaton bought Best Power a long time ago, there should be some
> documentation, or even the developers?

hence my remark ;-)
I've already a contact name, and I'm waiting for an answer.
so there is indeed good chances there.

cheers,
Arnaud