[Nut-upsdev] A patch to add a command to get client information

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 09:14:53 UTC 2012

Hi Charles,

please to see you jumping in ;-)

2012/2/8 Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>:
>> Do you know which SVN revision or NUT release your patch was originally based on? Possibly v2.4.3?
>
> Never mind, it was easy to merge by hand. A temporary branch is on GitHub:
>
> https://github.com/clepple/nut/commits/git-list_clients/
>
> Arnaud: what do you think about the syslog-based client list, which is included? I saw your comments proposing the protocol-based approach, but do we need both? I guess it can't hurt, since someone would have to become the 'nut' user to signal upsd.

I don't think we need both, and I don't see any added value in having
the syslog complement.
René probably got me wrong, or simply merged his original code / idea with mine.

that being said, it's nice from René to have done the work (thanks for
that René, much appreciated).
as he told, upsc implementation is still missing, to get the complete picture.

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com