[Nut-upsdev] [HCL] Tripp-Lite Omnismart500 supported by tripplite_usb

Matt Schulte gimpyestrada at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 17:46:59 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 2:42 AM, Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> 2012/2/13 Matt Schulte <gimpyestrada at gmail.com>:
>> Device manufacturer and name:
>> Tripp-Lite OmniSmart500
>>
>> upsc output:
>> matt at backup:/etc$ sudo upsc tripplite
>> battery.charge: 100
>> battery.test.status: Battery OK
>> battery.voltage: 14.56
>> battery.voltage.nominal: 12
>> device.mfr: Tripp Lite
>> device.model: OMNISMART500
>> device.type: ups
>> driver.name: tripplite_usb
>> driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
>> driver.parameter.port: auto
>> driver.version: 2.4.3
>> driver.version.internal: 0.20
>> input.voltage: 108.60
>> input.voltage.nominal: 120
>> output.voltage: 113.0
>> ups.debug.load_banks: 0
>> ups.debug.V: 31 30 32 30 58 58 0d '1020XX.'
>> ups.delay.shutdown: 64
>> ups.firmware: F0966.A
>> ups.firmware.aux: protocol 2001
>> ups.mfr: Tripp Lite
>> ups.model: OMNISMART500
>> ups.power.nominal: 500
>> ups.productid: 0001
>> ups.status: OL
>> ups.vendorid: 09ae
>> matt at backup:/etc$
>>
>> shutdown sequence testing results:
>> Not sure exactly what you would like to see here, but after
>> configuring everything and pulling the plug the system shut down
>> correctly when the UPS dropped below 20%.
>
> we just need a confirmation as you did, plus the fact that the UPS was
> powered off in the end.
>
>> /etc/log/daemon.log:
>> Feb 13 10:11:47 backup upsmon[12058]: UPS tripplite at localhost battery is low
>> Feb 13 10:11:47 backup upsd[11649]: Client upsmon at 127.0.0.1 set FSD on UPS [trip
>> plite]
>> Feb 13 10:11:47 backup upsmon[12058]: Executing automatic power-fail shutdown
>> Feb 13 10:11:47 backup upsmon[12058]: Auto logout and shutdown proceeding
>>
>> link:
>> http://www.tripplite.com/en/products/model.cfm?txtModelID=21
>
> thanks for your report.
> I've just added an entry to the HCL.
> For the sake of completion, could you please also send upsrw and upscmd outputs?

Specifically what parameters do you want me to use when running upsrw
and upscmd?  Maybe this is what you are looking for?

matt at backup:~$ upscmd -l tripplite
Instant commands supported on UPS [tripplite]:

shutdown.return - Turn off the load and return when power is back

matt at backup:~$ upsrw tripplite
[ups.delay.shutdown]
Interval to wait after shutdown with delay command (seconds)
Type: STRING
Value: 64

Matt Schulte