[Nut-upsdev] NUT driver update process...

William R. Elliot bill at wreassoc.com
Tue Feb 28 15:48:30 UTC 2012

Arnaud' the original reason for this was due to
having multiple communication channels to the
UPS.  It is possible for the non-NUT channel to
start a UPS delayed shutdown that the NUT master
and slaves need to know about.  Charles suggested
using FSD rather than OB LB to avoid confusing
messages about a low battery in the log when
there isn't a low battery.  Upsmon still does the
work, I think, it is just that the driver is
setting the flag for upsmon to act on rather than
upsmon seeing OB LB and doing the same thing.  Can the rules be adjusted?

Bill