[Nut-upsdev] Problem with detecting "Mustek PowerMust 2000VA"

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 14:22:15 UTC 2012

On Jan 2, 2012, at 12:14 AM, Vladimir Micovic wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i try to setup NUT service to read/control my UPS but without success.
> Problem is when i try to start "/usr/local/ups/bin/upsdrvctl -DDDD -u root start" i got:
>
> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.6.2
>    0.000000
> If you're not a NUT core developer, chances are that you're told to enable debugging
> to see why a driver isn't working for you. We're sorry for the confusion, but this is
> the 'upsdrvctl' wrapper, not the driver you're interested in.
> Below you'll find one or more lines starting with 'exec:' followed by an absolute
> path to the driver binary and some command line option. This is what the driver
> starts and you need to copy and paste that line and append the debug flags to that
> line (less the 'exec:' prefix).
>    0.000348     Starting UPS: mustek
>    0.000489     exec:  /usr/local/ups/bin/blazer_ser -a mustek -u root
> Network UPS Tools - Megatec/Q1 protocol serial driver 1.51 (2.6.2)
> Unable to open auto: No such file or directory
[...]
> hiddev97: USB HID v1.00 Device [Cypress Semiconductor USB to Serial] on usb-0000:00:1a.0-1

Using "port = auto" is for drivers which connect using USB APIs, such as blazer_usb.

If the UPS had been recognized by the kernel as a true USB-to-serial device, you would have something like "/dev/ttyUSB*" created when the UPS is plugged in. In that case, you would use a serial-based driver like blazer_ser. Without seeing more specific information (such as the output of lsusb) it is not possible to tell for certain whether blazer_usb is the correct driver.

Also, please subscribe to the list before posting (even if in digest mode):