[Nut-upsdev] Mixed-commit problem solved

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 22:28:58 UTC 2012

On Jan 6, 2012, at 7:34 PM, Eric S. Raymond wrote:

> Also, some remaining zero-fileop commits on the root branch should
> probably be tagified.

I think we have another case of some deleteall commits masking some other problem. From the reposurgeon Git repository, the commit "Moving branches/Development into trunk." (2006-02-16T13:31:43Z!clepple+nut at gmail.com) is a deleteall, but in our existing git-svn conversion and original SVN repository, that commit is a no-op (file-wise) that connects/renames the old branches/Development with the new trunk:

https://github.com/clepple/nut/commits/master?page=53

http://trac.networkupstools.org/projects/nut/log/trunk?limit=100&rev=431&mode=follow_copy

I'll look to see how we merged branches/Testing and trunk.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail