[Nut-upsdev] bestups bug fix

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 15:05:22 UTC 2012

2012/1/9 Sadara Kael <sadara at wildwoodgroup.com.au>

> hi all,

Hi Sadara,

> really simple fix for the bestups driver:
>
> In function:
> upsdrv_makevartable()
>
> you need to add the line
> addvar(VAR_VALUE, "battvoltmult", "Battery voltage multiplier");
>
> There are a number of simple improvements I could make to this driver, but
> I'm assuming that since the above bug has been around since nut v2.4, not
> many people are using this driver.

Looking at the driver and your fix, this was indeed missing.
Documentation (manpage) was present, but the addvar() call was missing.
I've just fixed it (trunk r3382), and bumped the driver version to 1.06.

Is this driver worth improving?

As long as there is a user of the device / driver, there is an interest in
improvement.
The rest is due to either a lack of developer(s), or knowledges from the
users to qualify a bug and contribute a patch.

thanks for your contribution,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com