[Nut-upsdev] HCL HP R5000 supported by bcmxcp

Peter Tuhársky tuharsky at misbb.sk
Fri Mar 30 13:59:32 UTC 2012

 Hi, Arnaud

Thank You for Your kind answer.

I attempted to use USB, as You suggested. After connecting the cable, kernel detects HP R 5000 as HID like this:

[ 1701.100025] usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 2
[ 1701.324982] usb 2-1: New USB device found, idVendor=03f0, idProduct=1fe7
[ 1701.324985] usb 2-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=4
[ 1701.324989] usb 2-1: Product: HP R5000
[ 1701.324991] usb 2-1: Manufacturer: HP
[ 1701.324992] usb 2-1: SerialNumber: 3C81520083
[ 1701.325147] usb 2-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
[ 1701.391326] usbcore: registered new interface driver hiddev
[ 1701.433359] generic-usb: probe of 0003:03F0:1FE7.0001 failed with error -22
[ 1701.433395] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbhid
[ 1701.433460] usbhid: v2.6:USB HID core driver

Although generic-usb fails with error -22, I hope this should not be a problem, since next lines, usbcore and usbhid show no no sign of trouble.

I set ups.conf like this:

 protocol = usbhid-ups
 port = auto

However, starting upsdrvctl shows this error:

 Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.4.3
 Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.34 (2.4.3)
 USB communication driver 0.31
 No matching HID UPS found
 Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

Should I use some exact vendor specification in ups.conf and if, what should it be? Or is there other source of trouble?

cheers,
Peter