[Nut-upsdev] NSS support in trunk (was: NSS branch pull request)

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 12:54:49 UTC 2012

On Oct 12, 2012, at 6:55 PM, Arnaud Quette wrote:

> - the compilation is successful on our Buildbots, except on Aix (not available, offline) and Windows (not applicable).

Update: the AIX buildbot has uncovered a corner case in our handling of the SSL auto-detection in ./configure.

From docs/configure.txt:

>     --with-ssl (default: auto-detect)
>     --with-nss (default: auto-detect)
>     --with-openssl (default: auto-detect)
>
> Enable SSL support, using either Mozilla NSS or OpenSSL.
> If both are present, and nothing was specified, OpenSSL support will
> be prefered. Read docs/security.txt for instructions on SSL support.

My understanding is that in the absence of "--with-ssl=yes", the auto-detect should fall back to no SSL support.

The configure script isn't finding either OpenSSL or Mozilla NSS, and it is failing:

http://buildbot.networkupstools.org/public/nut/builders/AIX-powerpc/builds/206/steps/configure/logs/stdio

(We do explicitly pass "--with-ssl=auto" to configure when "make distcheck-light" calls it a second time, but the configure step needs to successfully complete first.)

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail