[Nut-upsuser] Sustainer S-1000C (Powercom protocol)

Simon Rozman simon at rozman.si
Mon Aug 22 07:44:29 UTC 2005

The problem occurs when reading from COM port. Since the function get_buf()
in serial.c always return -1 in case of any error (COM port timeout, read
error, etc.), I am unable to give you any specific answer, how to make it
work.

Check if you are using the right port (/dev/ttyS0) and the port is not in
use by other programs.

If that doesn't resolve your problem, I advise you to connect to your UPS at
/dev/ttyS0 using minicom or some other serial terminal utility (use 1200
BPS, 8-bit, no parity, one stop bit, and no flow control at all). Send the
\x01 character (or Ctrl+A) to the UPS. The UPS should respond with
approximately eleven to sixteen characters of binary data (I get something
like "..||`.a at K.." in reply). You should experience connecting with
different settings until you succeed. If the working settings are different
from the above, somebody could make a new submodel in the powercom NUT
driver for you.

Regards,
Simon