[Nut-upsuser] add'on : MGE Ellipse 800 USBS & FreeBSD

François Rayer francois at 4umusic.com
Fri Aug 26 07:28:00 UTC 2005

Hi again,

As a followup to my previous post, just a couple words to add a
comment on the numerous tests I did the past days.

It was necessary to increase the waiting time in the /etc/
rc.shutdown, to wipe out the remaining problems (ups didn't shut down).

#      a rather large sleep to insure the ups stop babbling
          sleep 20

It appears the ups needs more than 20 seconds to finish all its
babbling and internal processing, and so be available back to work :)

The sleep was increased successfully to 30 seconds. So I finally set
a 60 seconds wait and everythings seems fine right now.

Enjoy the safe ride on FreeBSD

François