[Nut-upsuser] ups.conf configure

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 07:38:33 UTC 2005

2005/12/1, Tomaz Markelj <tomaz.markelj at gmail.com>:

> Hello,

Hi Tomaz,

First i must congratulate you for the work on the NUT project.
> Second,

thanks. This is another good example of the power of collaborative work ;-)

I have a Kobian/Mercury 800VA ups which connects via Dumb serial cable to
> the Server. On linux i runned Powstatd daemon for monitoring, on OpenBSD i
> didn't find anything useful but NUT. The problem is, none of the generic
> types (or any other) drivers work.
>
> I know these:
>
> Initialisation for Monitorin: RTS 1 (High) and DTR 1 (High)
> When main power goes off: CTS 0 (Low)
> When UPS battery is low: DCD 0 (Low)
> To kill the UPS: DTR 0 (low)
>
> Can i modifiy any existing driver to make this baby work? I'm not a
> programmer but some minor code adjustments can be made.
>
> Can you help me out?

Have you tried genericups, either looking for an equivalent definition, or
creating your custom config in ups.conf (check genericups manpage for more
info)?

Arnaud