[Nut-upsuser] NUT + Cyberpower AVR1200 (BC1200) + FreeBSD 6.0

doug reynolds mav at wastegate.net
Sat Dec 3 05:04:20 UTC 2005

I am having some problems getting NUT to run with my cyberpower avr1200
(brandnew).  I have a straight through serial cable, and I am getting this:

/usr/local/etc/rc.d/nut.sh start
Starting nut.
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.2
Network UPS Tools - CyberPower driver 1.00 (2.0.2)
Giving up on hardware detection after 3 tries
Unable to get initial hardware info string
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)
Network UPS Tools upsd 2.0.2
Can't open /usr/local/etc/nut/upsd.conf: Permission denied
Network UPS Tools upsmon 2.0.2
Using power down flag file /etc/killpower

Fatal error: insufficient power configured!

Sum of power values........: 0
Minimum value (MINSUPPLIES): 1

Edit your upsmon.conf and change the values.
Network UPS Tools upslog 2.0.2
logging status of backups at localhost to /var/log/ups.log (300s intervals)
Warning: initial connect failed: Connection failure: Connection refused

everytime I run nut.sh start.

my ups.conf:

[hiveups]
        driver = cyberpower
        port = /dev/cuac02 # com3 on my cyclades board.  didn't work on
my motherboard's port, so I threw in the old card
        desc = "Hive UPS"

my upsd.conf is the sample as the sample one..

is the 1200 not compatible, or is there something else happening?  i'm
going to pull it off the bsd box and try it on my winXP mach to make
sure the UPS works...

thanx everyone.