[Nut-upsuser] Back-UPS RS6000

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Sun Dec 4 04:04:51 UTC 2005

Hi Robert,

you can try upgrading to the Development (or Testing) version from
CVS, and use the newhidups driver. I have added support for an APC
Back-UPS a few months ago, but there is no 2.0.3 release yet.

Input and output voltages should be supported, if present. About the
naming, well... perhaps that is not extremely important, but I do
believe the newhidups driver does some name formatting. I believe "FW"
stands for the firmware version.

Arnaud,

is it perhaps a good time to make a 2.0.3-pre2 release from the
Testing branch? The 2.0.2 release is beginning to be very outdated
judging from recent traffic on the mailing lists.

-- Peter